Saturday, May 7, 2011

Group 4 Blog Post

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/ - Tosh.O Blog

This is a blog about making fun of people. It takes videos and pictures from the internet and invites viewers to make fun of them. Be sure to look at some of the videos from the Tosh.O video gallery to help formulate your arguments.

Here are some things to think about when commenting.

1. Do you approve of this kind of comedy?

2. Do you think you would enjoy participating in the ridicule with segments of this blog such as the "Caption Challenge" or "WTFriday" or "Rename This Video?"

3. What do you think the blog is doing when it includes things that people say about Tosh.O itself on twitter with "What You're Saying About Tosh?" Do you think that it only shows good things that promote the blog/show? Or do you think that the blog likes to make fun of itself?

4. If you have seen the show Tosh.O, what do you think of the "Web Redemption" or "20 Seconds on the Clock" or the "Video Breakdown" segments.

5. What do you think this kind of comedy is doing to society and how does it reflect on us?


-Group 4

13 comments:

  1. I watch Tosh.0 a lot actually and really enjoy the show. I enjoy the video breakdown and 20 seconds on the clock segments, some of the web redemptions are hit or miss. Tosh.0 takes everything from twitter even if it is making fun of the show which i think makes it even better. I think that Tosh.0 doesn't have a big impact on society, what it does is takes video clips from the internet makes fun of them mostly, so it doesn't make the clips. It essentially shows the stupid things people have already done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Tosh.O. The show is very funny and many of the different segments are hilarious. I really enjoy his type of humor. He makes fun of everyone, including himself a lot of the time so I do not think people can really be too mad at him for the things he does or says. The web redemption portion is very funny because he simply makes fun of people who have messed something up and the video was posted online. But the participants willingly go on the show so they do not mind the ridicule and they can laugh at themselves. I do not think the show or blog has any large effect on society. It is merely for entertainment and it does a good job at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched some videos, but I feed that I don't like this blog. I don't think making fun of others is very interesting. Maybe some people will enjoy the humours showed in the videos, but blog is just for entertainemnt.I didn't find social issues or related topics talked about in it. This blod includes things that people say about Tosh.O itself on twitter,I think it's a good way to feedback and communicate with audiences and it has many funs. I will say people do a good job for fun in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite kind of comedy! Tosh.0 is a very funny show and this blog has some videos that made me laugh. I think everyone needs to poke fun at things or get poked fun at occasionally. Life can't be taken too serious and if things can't be laughed at, then life would be miserable. Tosh is even encouraging people to make fun of him. I think this kind of comedy is good for the society so everyone can lighten up and see that even embarrassing things can be laughed at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not really see how this blog follows the assignment, to find a blog that relates to the course theme. Yes it is funny but I do not see any connection to a social issue. I do think that this type of humor is appropriate because if it tosh.0 has the permission of the subject of the viewer to use the video clip. If someone puts something on the internet it can be viewed by anyone and if someone submits it then they are obviously ok with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find this blog very humorous. I am a huge fan of Daniel Tosh. I think it's good that the blog has critical posts on it. Some are humorous in themselves. I think Tosh.0 is popular enough to criticize itself. I see it as Tosh.0 not only being able to dish it, but also take it. I don't see anything in the blog that really addresses social issues, but there are definitely a lot of rhetoric that the blog offers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found some of the videos and pictures are very funny. That fun comes from people doing stupid or weird things.But after laughing, there is nothing deserves thinking about the social issues.Besides, showing the commentary about the Tosh.O on twitter is a good ad for the public and it is funny itself sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find this blog very funny. I don't think it pertains to our topic very well because Tosh.0 usually just makes fun of the random videos that people post online. Every once in a while, they will use a clip from a news broadcast, but usually, the clip they use has already been changed by someone to be funny. Then Tosh.0 makes fun of it. This kind of comedy shows that everyone can be made fun of for something. It puts everyone on the same level, including the show. No one person or business is too popular, rich, poor, or famous to be poked fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never actually seen Tosh.O but I have heard from many of my friends that it is really funny. I think the blog is pretty funny. I do think that it makes fun of itself sometimes. The blog does make fun of people but I don't feel like it is in a mean way. I think even the person being made fun of could laugh at it, assuming that person had a sense of humor. Many of the videos also make fun of animals or just show cute videos of them. I could participate in this kind of comedy simply because the odds of the person being made fun of actually seeing the post is very small and I think that most people wouldn't be offended.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to watch tosh.0. i thought this blog was really funny and it brought to light other people's mistakes or accidents or just acting silly. he is not necessarily making fun of these people. they post these videos online knowing that they look silly or stupid in them. tosh.0 just brings more attention to them which is what they are aiming to do in the first place. one would not publish something online if he/she did not want more attention for it. its just common privacy and censorship. this blog shows just how shameless our society is becoming. the web redemptions are pretty hilarious sometimes and i think they allow for some explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen this before but I thought it was pretty funny. In response to the first question about approving of this comedy, I do. I don't think there is any question about that. All of these videos and pictures are things that people have put on the internet themselves. If you're going to post something on the internet, people are going to respond to it whether you like it or not. Yes there may be some videos or pictures of people that were not posted by themselves (meaning someone took a picture of someone else and posted it), but honestly if you are doing something in the picture or video that you don't want someone to see or make fun of, then you probably shouldn't be doing it! Also, it seems like most of the videos were probably originally put on the internet to make people laugh, so this website isn't doing anything but encouraging more people to laugh.
    -Ellen Haas

    ReplyDelete
  12. I approve this kind of comedy, actually I think a lot of comedic elements are from making fun of others. The videos in this blog is fun but I don't want to participate in any of those segments. The "20 seconds on the clock" is a lot fun, not only those small pieces of videos but also the interpretation of Tosh.O.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although I am not a huge fan of this show, I very much approve of this type of comedy. It is not biased at all and makes fun of anyone and everyone on the internet. I don't think that i would partake in any of the segments though. I think this blog does make fun of itself a little bit because that is what the show is about: making fun of the internet. I don't think that this blog/ show has a large impact on society but it does draw a lot of entertainment value and is very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete